Heinz History Center
Heinz History Center
Heinz History Center
Heinz History Center
Henz History Center
Heinz History Center


Heinz History Center
Heinz History Center
Heinz History Center

Help support our region’s legacy by making a contribution to the History Center.
Heinz History Center
Home > Blog
Heinz History Center
Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

Welcome to the Lincoln bLog

By: Abraham Lincoln, guest blog writer, Senator John Heinz History Center

It is with great pleasure I announce that my, I mean, the History Center’s upcoming exhibition, Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War and Lincoln Slept Here, is opening to the public on Saturday, May 30.

Today, I stopped by the History Center for a sneak peak and was rather impressed with my (I’ve got to stop saying that!), I mean, their exhibit which takes an intimate look into my life, my personal and professional struggles, and my determination to lead America through one of its most challenging times.

I think the biggest highlight of the exhibit is the actual bed and bedroom set from the Monongahela House, the downtown Pittsburgh hotel where I stayed on Feb. 14, 1861, en route to my inauguration. That’s right – I did sleep here, Pittsburgh. It’s not a myth!

The History Center museum curators were busy reconstructing the bed today, but I managed to sneak a photo to share with you all – don’t’ tell!



I’ll be back soon with more behind-the-scenes photos and details from the new exhibit. Until then, check out www.heinzhistorycenter.org for the very latest.

Isn’t technology great? Respectfully yours, Abe

No comments:

Post a Comment



History Center Hours:
The History Center exhibits and Museum Shop are open daily from
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Heinz History Center
Heinz History Center
2010 Senator John Heinz History Center
1212 Smallman Street | Pittsburgh, PA 15222
412-454-6000 | Contact Us | Directions | Site Map
In association with the Smithsonian Institution Heinz History Center
Site engineered by Spaceboy Interactive